Katy Perry debuts on the WT20 with a song with too many food-related sexual innuendos.
This week on the Weekly Top 20, rapper Drake tops the charts with his tropical chill track, Passionfruit. Meanwhile, Katy Perry, DJ Khaled, and Calvin Harris all debut new songs on the charts. Here are fun facts you did not know about these awesome Summer tracks.
#1 ‘Passionfruit’ by Drake
- According to Genius, the chorus on the song has a “deep historical significance”.The alliterative words passionate, passive, and passin’ may refer to Drake’s suffering in the song, but they all also refer to the suffering of Jesus Christ.
- Drake used bee and flower emojis on social media leading up to the release of the song. The emojis are a reference to pollination—literally more life. When Passionfruit dropped, Drake got a flower tattoo which bears striking resemblance to some variations of passion flower.
#18 ‘Heatstroke’ by Calvin Harris ft. Young Thug, Pharrell Williams & Ariana Grande
- “Heatstroke” is a groovy track about the warm feeling someone’s love sparks in their partner, making their life pleasurable and enjoyable.
- According to producer Calvin Harris, This is the first time Young Thug, Ariana Grande, and Pharrell Williams collaborated. By making these three musicians of completely different genres work together , the song unites them and makes them sing about setting feelings free and having a good time.
- During Young Thug’s second verse, he shouted the name ‘Jeffrey!”. Jeffrey is one of the rapper’s alter egos, used at first to promote his mixtape in August 2016. It is also his real name.