Image Source: officialcharts.com
This week on Y101’s Weekly Top 20, Zayn Malik returns to the music charts after a year. His new song Dusk til Dawn debuts and it’s predicted to climb a bit higher in the following weeks. Meanwhile, Maroon 5 returns to WT20 as well. They return with the help of soul-singer SZA to tell their lovers to stop playing around and be real. Check out more about these songs below.
Too Good at Goodbyes by Sam Smith
- “Too Good at Goodbyes”, tells a story of a person’s turbulent personal relationship. This song is Sam Smith’s first solo release since his 2015 James Bond theme song “Writing’s on the Wall.”
- Sam Smith said this song was inspired by one of his relationships in the past. He said the song is “basically about him getting good at getting dumped”.
Dusk til Dawn by Zayn Malik ft. Sia
- On “Dusk Till Dawn,” ZAYN and Sia tell the story of two lovers who are willing to do whatever it takes to stay together.
- Dusk til Dawn was released alongside its cinematic music video, wherein ZAYN portrays a secret agent, running from the law and accompanied by a mysterious female portrayed by British actress Jemina Kirke.
What Lovers Do by Maroon 5 ft. SZA
- What Lovers Do finds Adam Levine and SZA [pronounced Sizza] both calling out to their lovers to stop playing around and be real. The Maroon 5 frontman starts the song off by asking his love interest what her true feelings for him are.
- Adam Levine wrote this song with the help of songwriter Starrah, who has helped write a wide range of hit songs including Rihanna's "Needed Me," Kevin Gates' "2 Phones," Drake's "Fake Love" and Big Sean's "No Favors."
#1 Friends by Justin Bieber and BloodPop
- Justin Bieber collaborated with his longtime friend producer BloodPop for this track about “maintaining a friendship with a former lover after their relationship fell apart.”
- Friends has been on the Weekly Top 20 charts for over a month now. Forbes magazine even admitted a few months back that "everything about [this] song is polished and perfectly suited to take over radio waves.” Hollywood Life even concluded the song has all of [BloodPop's] incredible beats that added with the Biebs' sexy voice, becomes a recipe for a musical win! “
#rhythmofthecity #y101fm #alwaysfirst #wt20facts